Tagged....sort of

Posted by Clayton & Company at 3:58 AM

Friday, June 20, 2008

So I have to start off by apologizing to all the people who have tagged me and have gotten no response. When I saw this tag on my friend Kirsten's blog, I decided to give it a try. I've been wanting to talk about a few of these things anyway, but thought it might seem a little weird to put a picture of my toilet on this blog for no reason.

Reality Tag

Rules: You have to take a picture of the following in your house, AS IS, right now. Then post them!

1. Fridge:
At about 23x51, my fridge is ginormous.
You will notice the milk in the door is sold in 1 liter bottles which fit perfectly. We love the cheeses and yogurts, but my favorite thing in here are the apricots. That little white box up on top is our.....
...freezer!
You won't find any Costco size bags of chicken or gallons of ice cream in here.
2. Closet

I don't know if it's Switzerland or Europe in general, but our house has no closets. We purchased and put together a couple of these babies from IKEA. As you can see, most of our clothes are now folded instead of hanging.

3. Sink:

Nothing too different about our sink here except for the fact that it only has one side and no garbage disposal....2 things I've been able to live without just fine.

4. Toilet:

Our toilets here are very colorful.
To flush the toilet you push in the white thing above it.
Gives a whole new meaning to "jiggling" the handle.
5. Favorite shoes:

Any that the kids can put on without help. You can see our rainboots that we never would have used in California.

6. Favorite room:

The kitchen, duh, that's where the chocolate is.

The runner up is: Alex and Ruby's room in the attic. It is big and all of the toys are up there. We have a gate in front of the stairs so Henry can roam around up there while I get chores done....if he has a friend to keep him company. You can see the lovely tent we built.

7. What my kids are doing:

It's not raining (yeah!) so they are playing outside.
Ruby has learned well. She's on the phone with a baby in her arms.
Henry loves to play outside, especially if the kids turn on the faucet.

8. Laundry room:

I heard all sorts of horror stories before I came of washing machines that only hold 4 articles of clothing and cycles that take 4 hours. So I was happy to find that my washer and dryer are similar to the ones I had in the States.

The laundry room is a little creepy though. It's in the basement and the first week we were here a gigantic spider in the sink almost gave me a heart attack.

9. Self portrait:

You didn't really think I was going to do this alone did you?

Happy

"Aaaargh"

Sad

Surprised



10. Dream Vacation

Tahiti has been high on my list ever since my best friend went there for her honeymoon.

Doesn't it look peaceful and relaxing?

The runner up: Montreal in the fall
Pete went here on his mission, and ever since I saw his pictures I thought it would be a really cool place to visit.

Thanks for indulging me. Tag, you're it!




1 comments:

jenerekfamily said...

The fridge cracks me up. Is it really there "hiding" behind the cabinet doors? I've never seen anything like it - very fun.