All tuckered out

Posted by Clayton & Company at 11:26 AM

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

About a week ago, Pete had to travel to Lisbon for work. He left early on a Saturday morning and the kids were a little sad when they woke up to find he wasn't there. Luckily, some friends of ours called to see if we wanted to go hiking in the mountains about 20 minutes from us. I thought this would be the perfect thing to take their mind off of Pete being gone. My friend assured me that it was a kid friendly hike that would be about 30 minutes.


To make a long story short, it was a little bit harder than he had remembered. There were plenty of hills, it was rocky and muddy, and to make it more interesting I carried Henry in the backpack the entire time. After about 45 minutes in, we had still not reached the lookout point and decided we better turn around so that the kids would have enough energy to make it back. Needless to say, all 3 kids were asleep about 5 minutes after I put them to bed that night....and I'll have to admit that I didn't last much longer.

0 comments: