Playing with Dad

Posted by Clayton & Company at 5:14 AM

Friday, February 19, 2010

As much as I hate doing it, occasionally on a Saturday I go grocery shopping. It is not fun. Because the grocery stores here close early (6pm) and aren't open on Sundays, the entire Swiss population does their shopping on Saturdays. As you can imagine, the kids are rarely willing to go. Who can blame them? I'd choose playing over fighting the crowds any day.

A few Saturdays ago they had a blast playing in the snow in our backyard. Pete is always a good sport with them when it comes to cold weather activities. Nevertheless, in my own defense, I have gone outside with the kids and did in fact shovel all the snow into that huge pile in order to create a snow fort. I nearly passed out afterward but still consider myself a pretty awesome mom.


I think Ruby fit inside the easiest
Alex used it as a home base in which to throw snowballs at Ruby
Henry and his crazy hair
Pete getting into the spirit of things
The older the kids get, the harder it is to get a picture with all of them looking at the camera and smiling. Shouldn't it be the opposite?

1 comments:

jessi said...

I'll be darned if that is not what I am doing on so many of my Saturday mornings lately too. I think every one shops on rainy Friday mornings though too, because Migros was packed this morning!