Birthday presents

Posted by Clayton & Company at 10:19 AM

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Do you ever wonder what to get your children for their birthdays? Of course my kids are always asking for things, but in the back of my mind I'm usually thinking, "Will they even play with that for more than a week?" or "Is it worth the money?".

Ruby has always been rather easy to shop for because all she wants is things related to her babies: new outfits, bottles, strollers, carriers, etc. This year I think I've really outdone myself though. I'm not sure that I will ever be able to top this birthday present...unless she gets a new car for her 16th birthday which is highly unlikely. I know she will play with this gift and I know it is definitely worth the money. For her 6th birthday, Ruby will be receiving a...

















...little sister!
In case you think I'm trying to pull a fast one on you (like last year), here is a really crazy ultrasound picture with no alterations. Our latest addition should be here on or around July 19th. With 2 boys and 2 girls, I'm starting to feel a little like Jerry Seinfield when Kramer declared that he was "Even Steven".

10 comments:

The Titmi said...

Yea!! You have been hiding this one!! Make sure you tell the yahoo group :)

Carli said...

congrats! I don't know how you hold in the secret for so long!

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

I thought I might have seen a tiny baby bump in one of your other recent posts. Glad to see I'm on my sniffing-out-pregnancy-just-like-the-tabloids game! Congrats you you and your fun family!

Penny said...

I was definitely suspecting after seeing a few shots of you in Athens, also from something you said in one of the posts, but YEAH!!!! We are so excited for all of you! Congratulations! I hope she gets curls like Henry that you don't have to cut off!! 2 boys and 2 girls is awesome, and having a baby in Switzerland is pretty cush. Lots of love to you all, from the Atchleys

jenerekfamily said...

Ruby is SO lucky!!! Congratulations!

Tami said...

Wonderful news! Congratulations to all of you, and I hope you're feeling well. Ruby will be the BEST helper.

Anonymous said...

PETER CLAYTON! How are you my friend?!? Long time no see... How awesome that we can keep in touch this way. Looked over your blog...and all i can say is...SWITZERLAND!?!? Not a place that regularly comes to mind when you wonder where your long lost high school friends ended up... Looks like you doing well. We will have to chat soon!

Kirbell said...

Yay for another Clayton. I'm a fan of Even Stevens combo. :-)

Audra Bollard said...

A big huge congrats on your SWISS baby! With a big sister like Ruby she will be well-loved, to say the least! So excited for you and your family.

erika said...

So excited for you guys! A big congrats from me and Todd!!!!!