Change

Posted by Clayton & Company at 11:17 PM

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Recently my friend Kelly made a post on her blog entitled, "Shed a tear and then feel blessed". Although it is about a totally different subject, I am echoing her sentiments.

Last week we found out that we would be saying goodbye to this:




and returning to this:




It came as quite a shock since we weren't planning on moving until the end of the year and are expecting baby #4 in July. Moving is never easy, but with 2 months notice, 3 kids, a dad traveling every other week and 1 pregnant mom, it makes it even more complicated.

I have to admit that in the first few days there were a lot of tears. It's not that I'm not excited to be back with family and friends or to have some of the conveniences I have been missing. I'm sad because it's the end of another chapter in the book of my life.

It's hard to know that we will have to say goodbye to friends that we will probably never see again. It's made worse by the suddenness, especially for a person like me who avoids surprises and change at all costs. I will miss the beauty, the diversity and the simplicity that Switzerland has given our family. I know that this experience has changed me and our family for the good.

In less than two months, I will invite the movers into our house and we will begin to prepare for the next amazing adventure that will become part of our story. Like before, it will be filled with challenges and heartaches, but it will also be full of fun, excitement and happiness.

Until then, we will keep you posted as we finish what has been a crazy, wonderful ride. A bientot!

5 comments:

Penny said...

Wow, it is hard to know what to say other than that I totally understand about everything in your post!!! I know you will miss Switzerland, even though where you are going to has so many great things--there is always that place in your heart that will miss it. I am sorry to hear the move was announced so suddenly, that is no fun and makes the move harder. I can tell you it will be okay though, and you will have learned so much and grown so much from the last move that it will go smoother than you think. Lots of love from the Atchleys.

jenerekfamily said...

YEE HAW!!!

Kirbell said...

Yay!!! It seems like you didn't leave to long ago to me, but I am sad for you at the end of your awesome adventure in Europe. Oh, and my vote is you move back to the Woodbridge Ward!

Audra Bollard said...

Welcome home friend! (And as someone who doesn't like change either, I soooo understand this post!). Good luck with all of the "details" that making moving complicated. You will deserve lots of relaxing days at the lagoon soon . . .

Harmony said...

wow! yeah, came as a shock to me too. we'll be moving back to the same vicinity before too long, perhaps we can be a little piece of Switzerland for each other!