Back to Chamonix

Posted by Clayton & Company at 4:19 PM

Sunday, June 27, 2010

When we visited Chamonix for the first time it was a hot August day. Heading back there in early April I wasn't expecting to have very nice weather. Fortunately for my family it was a gorgeous, sunny day.

Tommy, Ruby and Henry


We headed to the train station to make our way up to the glacier
Buddies on the train
Christina and Ruby
My mom and I opted to stay at the top of the mountain with Henry.
Charlene, my dad, Tommy and Ruby took the gondola and then walked the 350 steps down to the glacier. I was proud of Ruby who did it all on her own this time without being carried one step. If you look closely at this picture you will see the gondolas and some of the steps heading down to the glacier.
Tommy and Ruby down at the glacier
Inside the glacier
I double-dog dare you...
Behind Ruby you can see part of the stairs down to the glacier
Another shot looking down at the glacier. It's quite a hike...especially coming back up!
Charlene and Tommy ready to take the train back down
Papa John and Mama Linda
Christina, Henry, Ruby and Tommy
The group minus myself getting off the train
Papa John and Mama Linda in the center of Chamonix
Papa John and Henry in front of the train station
One last memory of Chamonix
If you look at the inside of this restaurant,
you probably wouldn't guess that it is actually a...







McDonalds!
This was probably one of our last visits to a McDonalds' restaurant.
I am so burnt out on McDonalds that I can't imagine taking my family there for the next 5-10 years!

2 comments:

Libby said...

I'm burned out on McDonald's too. Only I haven't been there for the last 5-10 years!!

Kirbell said...

Not sure why, but McDonalds tastes so much better outside the US!