Fun in Fribourg

Posted by Clayton & Company at 8:24 PM

Sunday, June 20, 2010

My parents arrived two days after my sister and we didn't waste any time showing them around. The day after they arrived we headed to Fribourg, which is a place I have always wanted to visit. It isn't far from us but somehow we've never made it up there. It was a charming city although we happened to arrive there at lunch time and apparently everything closes during the lunch hour. Whoops! We made up for it by stopping in to a crepe shop for a bite to eat.

Our group consisted of my sister Charlene, my mom and dad, me, my nephew Tommy, Alex, Ruby and Henry. It was nice to have one adult per child. Unfortunately, Pete missed out on a few of our adventures as he was working in the States.
The kids in front of the fountain (1525) next to the Hotel de Ville
My Dad, Mom and Charlene in front of the Hotel de Ville (Town Hall) which also dates back to the early 1500s

Charlene and Tommy, who is holding the coveted paprika-flavored Pringles, which are not sold in the States but have become my kids' favorite
Alex, Tommy and Ruby on the Zaeringen Bridge which crosses over the Sarine River
Standing in front of the Cathedral of Saint Nicholas
Inside the cathedral
Tommy and Alex testing out the comfort of the seats
The exterior of the cathedral

0 comments: