Getting to Know You

Posted by Clayton & Company at 12:02 PM

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Today after church we decided to take a walk around our village. There is not a lot to see....after all the population of Bassins is only around 900 people. Here are a few pictures from our walk.



Pete and Ruby in front of the village announcement board




In many of the Swiss villages they have these fountains. We haven't figured out what they are used for, but we passed 6 of them on our 1/4 mile walk. Since this is Switzerland we thought they'd be full of chocolate. But alas....freezing cold water.





Ruby and Alex trying to make a collect call to anyone who speaks English. I told them that Mama Linda is the only one I know who still accepts collect calls.





If you can read this sign it says Ruelle de la Repentance...translated means Alley of Repentance. I guess this is the real reason Pete brought me to Switzerland.





Pete and the kids with Lac Leman (Lake Geneva) in the background

2 comments:

James said...

Paige and I are not 100% sure but I think that those fountains are drinking water. You can go and fill up your water jugs and take it home! And it will suprise you to know that I actually drank out of these in Italy.

Tami said...

How fun! It looks so beautiful! It's great to hear about your adventures--I'm sure there will be many more to come. We miss you guys.