Ode to Auntie Meiken

Posted by Clayton & Company at 11:52 AM

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Yesterday we drove to France to go grocery shopping. I know this sounds extreme, but it is only 20-30 minutes away depending on which way you go. In Switzerland groceries can be tres expensive....especially the meat. My first week here I paid almost 15 francs for 4 pieces of chicken! So anyway, off to France we went.

It was a very curvy drive though the countryside and the whole time I was glad that I wasn't a passenger in the back. I was also glad that none of my kids get carsick like my niece Margaux. (Sidenote to Meiken and Phil-we will definitely skip the drive to France when you come.) It was beautiful and there was quite a bit of snow in the mountains. We passed a little ski resort that we can take the kids to next winter. It is about 15 minutes from us.

While we were grocery shopping we stumbled across something that we have been unable to find in Switzerland. Phil and Meiken (my brother and s-i-l) were always talking about it after they spent a summer in Florence. There it was called Fanta Limon. In France it is called Fanta Citron. It is a really delicious lemon soda. Needless to say, I will definitely be returning to France.




3 comments:

James said...

Fanta Rules! You will totally live on Fanta and the Coke tastes different...if you are into Coke.

Julie said...

fanta is incredible in europe........ mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

pa said...

Why is Fanta in the States so nasty? Totally jealous right now.