Letting go

Posted by Clayton & Company at 11:34 AM

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Henry started preschool. After much deliberation, we decided to send him two mornings a week so that he could have a chance to learn French like Alex and Ruby. This was a giant step...but not for him, for me. None of the other kids have done any preschool, except for a short joy school stint Alex did when he was almost 5 and the 2 months Ruby did when we first moved here.

After dropping Henry off, I cried on my walk home. Almost a month later, he is really enjoying it and I'm finding ways to keep busy. His teacher speaks mostly in French and told me he seems to be understanding quite a bit, although he only says a handful of words- oui, merci, bonjour and au revoir.

Henry excited to finally have his own back pack
Ruby, Alex and Henry before school
Standing outside of school
Having second thoughts

1 comments:

Penny said...

What a little cutie, off to preschool!