Chim chiminey Chim chim cher-ee!

Posted by Clayton & Company at 12:46 AM

Thursday, October 8, 2009

When you're with a sweep
You're in glad company

In July of 2008, we had been living in Switzerland for about 3 months, when I answered the door to discover a chimney sweep. He gave me a little spiel in French that I couldn't understand and in my pathetic French I tried to explain to him that we didn't have a fireplace and to have a nice day.

He showed up the very next day and we had pretty much the same conversation, only this time he did not leave. Not knowing what to do, I called Pete at work and handed our phone to the man. Come to find out, it is the law in Switzerland that you have your furnace cleaned once a year. This nice, but extremely dirty man was there to clean our furnace and wasn't going anywhere until I let him in.

Fast forward one year. Last month, a new chimney/furnace man showed up and this time, not only did I know what he was there for, but I could actually talk to him myself. Progress. We made an appointment for when he would return and I decided I would try and get some pictures. However, I was much too scared to do it myself, so I talked Ruby into taking pictures of random things (including him) while he was here. She did a great job.


1 comments:

Jeff and Marge Clayton said...

What? You're scared of the chimney sweep????

Yes, Ruby does look like (including body language) she is going on 15!

I love the castles. They are worth painting.