Redefining comfort

Posted by Clayton & Company at 5:55 AM

Friday, October 23, 2009

One of the things I can't understand about Europe, is how the people here can sleep on such uncomfortable mattresses. Just about every country we have stayed in, excluding the UK, has thin, hard mattresses. Furthermore, every bed that Pete and I sleep in consists of two mattresses pushed together to form one double bed. After every trip, I arrive home with a sore back that is out of place. To me, all they have really done over here is raise the level of the floor a few inches. See below for proof that I'm not exaggerating.

Bed in our hotel room in Sion, Switzerland

Bed in our hotel room in Ottobeuren, Germany. That big puffy white thing in the background is the comforter. I think it may have been thicker than the actual mattress.

2 comments:

Penny said...

I was always happy to get home to my "American" bed!

Jeff and Marge Clayton said...

I have to say that the beds in China are the very worst of anywhere! They are harder than the floor and about 2 inches thick. Europe is bad too though. I have wondered the same thing.