Better late than never

Posted by Clayton & Company at 4:32 AM

Monday, May 11, 2009

Pete and I had originally planned to skip over baskets and egg hunting this year since we were in London on Easter Sunday. It's not something I make a big deal about (we usually do it the Saturday before Easter) and I didn't think the kids would really miss it. Wrong again.

The day after we got back from London, Alex asked me, "How many more days until Easter?" I think he was more interested in eating his chocolate bunny, but when Ruby overheard him she also wanted to know when she was going to be able to hunt for eggs. Ultimately, one week after the actual holiday, the kids woke up and hunted for their baskets followed by eggs later in the day. It wasn't much but they were happy.

Who knows? Maybe one day I'll be a good mom and actually let them die Easter eggs!

Henry was the first to find his basket...
...followed by Alex.
With a little help from Alex, Ruby finally discovered hers in her baby stroller
Hunting for eggs

Alex makes a leaping grab
Happy Easter!
Random side note:
One of the Easter traditions that I love here is to hang plastic eggs on your trees outside. We saw trees like this all over our neighborhood.

0 comments: