A day at the theatre

Posted by Clayton & Company at 5:14 AM

Friday, May 1, 2009

We decided to use our Saturday to go to some matinee shows. While Pete and his dad took Alex and Ruby to see the Lion King, I headed across town with the girls to see Wicked. Of course none of this would have been possible without the sacrifice of my sis-in-law Heather and her husband Parry. They stayed behind to watch Henry and my niece Hannah, who is 9 months old. In case this all sounds familiar, you can refer back to my birthday post in Paris. Yes, it is the same amazing person sacrificing again so that I could have a good time. By the time we are done living in Europe, I just might owe her my first born child! Thanks again. We had a fabulous time.

To say that Ruby and Alex enjoyed the Lion King would be an understatement. They had a million things to tell me and were singing the music for the next week. Grammy Margie was lucky enough to get a play-by-play from Ruby, complete with pictures from the program so that Grammy was familiar with the actors.
Ruby, Alex and Papa Jeff


I have been hearing about Wicked from my Irvine friends for the past 3 years. I was already familiar with the story and the music but it was really entertaining to see it all put together. The actors were amazing. Although I'm probably the last person on the planet to see it, if you haven't, it's money well spent.
me and Julie
Abby, Rachel, Allyson, Marge and me

0 comments: