Frankly my dear...

Posted by Clayton & Company at 2:41 AM

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I am not a fan of Scarlet. Scarlet fever, that is. One time around, fine. But twice. In one month. Give me a break. You can see from the pictures that Alex had a much rougher time than Ruby. His throat was a lot worse and it took him longer before he was feeling better. I found out that apparently there has been a scarlet fever epidemic going around. Should it make me feel better to know that other people are suffering and it's not just our weak American immune systems?





You may have noticed that I haven't posted much since the year started. It's sort of tough to blog when you feel like the floor of a taxi cab. Since 2009 began, our family has had:

2 cases of strep throat
2 cases of scarlet fever
4 cases of the stomach flu
2 eye infections
3 case of influenza

I was the last one to get the real flu (they don't do flu shots here) and I have struggled to get over it. I honestly can't remember the last time I was this sick. I thought I was getting better only to have it come back stronger. I was left with a bad case of laryngitis and a sinus infection. I haven't had much of a voice for over a week, although thanks to antibiotics I am feeling more like myself. We have had 6 visits to the doctor's office and an equal number of trips to the pharmacy. I am 100% ready for winter to be over. Considering that the forecast this week is snow, snow and more snow, I'm guessing I have a few more fun months ahead.

I do have a few people to thank though. Pete, of course, and my friends Penny and Suzy who helped with my kids when I couldn't get up. Alex also deserves a lot of props for being the man of the house. He walked Ruby to and from school when I was too sick, played with Henry and laid next to me and tickled my back. I don't know how you could ask for more from a 6 year old.

The only one in our family to escape the sickies has been Henry. The poor kid has probably been wondering what in the world has been going on around here. At one point when all of us were down for the count with the stomach flu, he was sort of left in charge of himself. Being the trouble maker that he is, he was thrilled with his new found freedom. When things started to get a little too quiet, I dragged myself out of bed to find him here....


Who knows? Maybe HE was trying to catch up on the blog.

0 comments: