It's gonna be a long, lonely winter

Posted by Clayton & Company at 3:05 AM

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I am a California girl. My mom is from L.A. and my dad is from Phoenix. I did not inherit very many cold weather genes. I am built for temperatures around 70, not 17. When we visited Switzerland in December of 2007 I remember thinking that it wasn't too cold here. I thought I would be able to get by. I have since learned that last winter was VERY mild. Would have been nice to know.

This water bottle was left in my van over night. When we found it in the morning it was frozen solid. After 3 hours in the house it melted....but only a little as you can see.

One thing we have been grateful for is the location of our house. When we first moved here I was a little worried because we live quite a ways up and it was far from the auto route and other major things. Now I realize it is a blessing. If you look at these two pictures you will see a thick layer of clouds. We live above them which means that unlike the people in the city who have been stuck in the gray of winter, we actually get to see blue skies. When it's not raining or snowing, that is.


Fortunately, the kids take more after Pete when it comes to the cold weather. They love it and they love all the activities associated with it. Although I will be happy to return to a more mild climate, I know the kids, especially Alex, will miss the snow.

Having fun with our sleds

Ruby and Henry enjoying the snow

Ruby's first snow angel

0 comments: