Keep your pants on!

Posted by Clayton & Company at 3:17 AM

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One day when Alex came home for lunch we had the following conversation:

Me: Hi Alex. How was school this morning?
Alex: Pretty good. My pants got so wet playing in the snow at recess that my teacher had me take them off when I came back inside.
Me: What!?? What did she do with them?
Alex: She hung them on the heater until they were dry and then I put them back on.
Me: What did you do while they were drying?
Alex: I just sat at my desk in my boxers.
Me: Oh. Were you ok with that?
Alex: (looking confused) What do you mean?
Me: I just thought maybe you were embarrassed being the only one in your boxers.
Alex: I wasn't the only one. We were all in our boxers.
Me: All of you?
Alex: Well, all of the boys except for Lucas R. and Primus.
Me: Oh. Ok. Are your pants dry now.
Alex: Yep, they're great. What's for lunch?

Problem: pants are wet
Solution: take them off and dry them
It's good to know that things can be so simple here.

2 comments:

Julie said...

hilarious! That's a lawsuit waiting to happen in the U.S.

Tami said...

Too funny! That would NEVER happen here.