London take 3

Posted by Clayton & Company at 10:47 AM

Thursday, April 30, 2009

One thing I loved about our trip was Alex's interest in everything. He listened intently to the narration on his phone/headset at Westminster Abbey and the Cabinet War Rooms. In fact, he was a little upset when we rushed him out before he had listened to every number. He also had a million questions for those willing to listen and give answers. When we headed back to the hotel to give Henry a nap, he decided to tag along with Uncle Parry and Papa Jeff to the National Army Museum. Sounds fun doesn't it?

Pete and the kids with the London Eye in the background
Big Ben



"Look kids. Big Ben, Parliament."

Westminster Abbey


sitting in the Cloister
Ruby and Rachel
Henry

St. James' Park

Alex, Ruby and Henry having a snack outside of the Cabinet War Rooms

We took a red bus to Leicester Square to grab a bite to eat. Although some food critics might argue, I thought Noodle Stop was so good...but it could be because I haven't had ANY Chinese food in over 6 months.

After nap time, we decided to stick close to the hotel and headed over to the British Museum. Not only was it free (which a lot of museums in London are), it also had some amazing collections. I commented to Pete that without the kids I'm sure he could have spent hours inside. We however, hit the top 3 exhibits.
1. the Rosetta Stone
2. the mummies
(I just have to add here that there was one that was unwrapped. Although it was a little gross, it was amazing to see how well-preserved it was. You could see the fingernails and other things still intact.)

3. the Greek ruins
photo by Ruby

2 comments:

Christian said...

I am so jealous that you get to see the world like that! Your kids are so lucky. By the way, I am having a little giveaway on my craft website if you want to see it. www.kennabootique.blogspot.com

Carli said...

sorry! that last comment was really from me. I was signed in as my husband.