Grocery shopping

Posted by Clayton & Company at 1:00 AM

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I realized that it's been awhile since I've taken you on any Swiss adventures. In order to remedy that, I'm taking you grocery shopping with me. That may sound a little boring to you but it's actually quite the adventure. Just keep in mind that 1 Kg = 2.2 Lbs, 500 grams = 1 pound, and 1 liter = 4.2 cups. Don't forget your reusable bags and your money for the shopping cart. The conversion rate of dollar to Swiss franc is about 1 to 1, so let's go.



First I thought we'd select some yummy steaks. They are 30% of this week which means you can get a whole kg for only 24.50. Oh and I guess I should mention that they are horse.
For those of you who love to barbecue, here is a nice grill sample for only 25 francs. Delish!
This one is a personal favorite of mine-bacon on a stick. Does it get any better than that?
This is a new one I haven't seen before. This week they are sponsoring yummy delicacies from Portugal. You can get some sardines flown in fresh for only 1.35.
OK, OK. I realize you may not have as exotic tastes as me. You want something familiar and simple like chicken. You are in luck. This week it is on sale and you can get 4 chicken breast for only 21 francs. Wow.
Switzerland is famous for it's chocolate. What would a trip to the store be without picking up a little bit? This is one of the best deals I've seen today. Instead of paying 30 francs for a bag of minis, you can get it for only 20. Don't worry that it's only the store brand. Store brand chocolate over here is about 1,000 times better than Hershey.
Moms you are about to get a sweet deal. Instead of paying 80 francs for 168 diapers (or 90 francs for 144 of the more expensive brand), they are only 54 francs! With that extra 25 -30 francs you will almost have enough money to treat your kids to McDonald's.
You can keep saving if you buy toothbrushes today. 3 for 10 francs instead of 15!
OK, I realize you can't get this at the grocery store. It is mail order only but doesn't it look awesome? If you ever have cold or wet boots, problem solved!

0 comments: