Slow learner

Posted by Clayton & Company at 5:18 AM

Tuesday, June 30, 2009


I'm not sure why it has taken me so long, but I have finally become acquainted with the Manor. My friend Sarah has been a frequent visitor to Manor on Friday evenings, but our family just went for the first time a couple of weeks ago when I decided I could not cook one more dinner.

I guess I should mention that we rarely go out for dinner here. The first reason being that most restaurants don't open until 7 pm (the time our kids go to bed) and second it's too expensive. It's not like we ate out on a regular basis in the US, but at least when I was burnt out on cooking there were lots of cheap, easy options like Wendy's or Del Taco. We could even go to Pick up Stix or Rubio's if we had a little more time. (I'm drooling just thinking about both of those places by the way.)

Anyway, there is a restaurant here called Manor. Not only is it open early for dinner, but it is affordable (a kid's meal is less than a happy meal at McDonald's) and there is a great big playground outside for the kids. Now that we've discovered it, I'm sure you will find us here a lot more often when the weather is nice.


The kids love this pirate ship. Ruby is steering and Alex is standing at the bow.
Ruby giving Henry a boost
Here we go!
I think Ruby may be part monkey

0 comments: