A dragon, a princess and a red fish

Posted by Clayton & Company at 1:04 AM

Saturday, July 12, 2008

One evening while Pete was in Irvine, Alex's class did a presentation at school. They each memorized lines in a story about a prince that was turned into a dragon by a magical red fish. One by one, each child stood up to recited their parts, in french of course, while the teacher showed corresponding pictures that the kids had drawn. It was interesting to see and the whole time I was thinking that Pete should have been there because he actually would have understood what was going on. After it was over they had refreshments. If you look closely at the pictures of Alex and his friends you will notice they had wine for the parents. That was definitely a first for me...alchoholic beverages at school functions. Skip the videos if you are short on time....they are all in french!

Alex showing me around his classroom

Alex and his teachers. Does the one on the left remind you of anyone in the movies?

Alex and Noe
Alex and Michela
Alex and Evan



Here is a video clip of Alex's teacher explaining things. I also tried to get a good look at his classroom. Don't understand anything? Don't worry....neither did I.

I filmed a couple little girls reciting their lines. I was starting to get a little nervous for Alex...and of course I still had no clue what was going on.

Here is Alex giving his lines. He was talking really quietly so it may be hard to hear. I wasn't sure how he did, but I was really proud of him. One of the moms came up to me afterwards and told me that he had said his part perfectly and that his accent is really good. Bravo!


3 comments:

Julie said...

Alex is the cutest little boy ever. I'm so proud of him for doing something a little bit scary like that! He is so cool, what a great example to the rest of us!

Jeff and Marge Clayton said...

WOW! Alex, you are the greatest boy EVER! You did such a good job of saying your French part. I could have never done that. You are very brave. I love you and miss you.

Meiken said...

that was amazing!