Coming clean

Posted by Clayton & Company at 1:47 AM

Thursday, April 2, 2009

It was too hard to pass up a good April Fool's Day prank. Being so far away (except for you Penny), how could any of you know for certain? Congrats to all of you who called my bluff(I believe you were first Marge). Good job to Tami who thought to look for a date on the ultrasound. I, of course, had deleted it, knowing that some of you would be so clever. If you look at the following picture (yes it's an old ultrasound Jenny) you will find the real date: October 31, 2006. This was the first of many ultrasounds I had when I was pregnant with Henry...and I was 9 weeks and 3 days along Carli. Good eye!


I'm sorry to dash the hopes of a few of you, but really want to thank you for your well wishes (especially the enthusiastic ones Kelly). It's fun to know that it was a topic of discussion at park day. Props to Audra who has a good memory about past statements made. After spending 8 weeks of my last pregnancy on bed rest, I'm a little hesitant and worried that history could repeat itself. Over here I'm living without the help of my mom, my MIL, my sister(Janet), and the 4th ward girls. I'm not quite ready to ask my Swiss neighbors to make me dinners and watch my kids. If I do get pregnant, I will be much like the "boy who cried wolf". I'm sure it will take a lot more than an ultrasound picture to convince you!

5 comments:

Jeff and Marge Clayton said...

Well, it was the best April Fools I had but you are waaaaay too predictable. Actually, Julie called me to look at your blog and we talked while I looked. I have been expecting an announcement from you (just wishful thinking) so I fell for it for an instant. Julie planted the seed that it might be April Fools and I hesitated. I emailed Jeff and told him to look at your blog and he wrote back that he didn't believe it. (I had not told him my AF suspicion.) I told Laurie and Jane to look at your blog. Lar was convinced that it was AF and Jane has probably still not read the email I sent her. I guess that we all have your number Christina!!! Nice try though.

Julie said...

IT WAS NOT MARGE WHO CALLED IT!! I DID! I told her I thought it was an April Fool's joke.

I will never believe you when you say you're prego next time. It'll take seeing your big fat belly before I take your word for it. :)

jessi said...

You are such a hoot, Christina! I was glad to read Penny's comment and be clued in. I was feeling bad if I wasn't helping you out more if you really were pregnant!

Audra Bollard said...

So funny! And yes, you made for some good conversation at afternoon park day yesterday.

Tami said...

Way to go Christina! My sister announced yesterday that she is expecting (and she really is), but my other sister totally did NOT believe her. So funny. You crack me up.