francoPHONE

Posted by Clayton & Company at 5:09 AM

Tuesday, April 21, 2009


As I began learning French, Pete told me one of the things that helped him learn the language on his mission was making phone calls. For the record, let me say that I hate talking to people on the phone in French. It is so much harder than speaking face to face. Although I have become an expert at making doctor's appointments and excusing the kids from school in French, all other phone conversations do not go over so well.

Me: Hello?
The other guy (TOG): Bonjour Madame! saldfjklds;adkfjsl;akdfj?
Me: Je suis desolee. Repetez s'il vous plait. (I'm sorry. Can you repeat that please?)
TOG: Vous etes Madame Coissons?
Me: Non. Je suis Madame Clayton.
TOG: klmkdapienvnfklaioae?
Me: Uuummmmm. Alex quick! I need you to talk to this person on the phone.
Alex: Oui, allo. Non. Ma maman ne parle pas bien le francais (My mom doesn't speak French very well). Oui. Non. Non. Non. Au revoir.
Me: What did he want?
Alex: He dialed the wrong number. I told him you weren't Madame Coissons.
Me: I told him that too. He just didn't understand me.
Alex: I don't even know why you have a phone, you can't talk to anyone on it.
Me: I can talk to people in English.
Alex: Well you definitely can't talk to people in French.

OUCH!

2 comments:

Penny said...

Out of the mouths of babes...too funny!

Tami said...

That's hilarious Christina!