Taking after Mom

Posted by Clayton & Company at 1:27 AM

Monday, December 21, 2009

I've been waiting for Pete to take the pictures off of my camera because I don't know how with our new computer. Pathetic I know, but I have other talents so I try not to dwell on my lack of computer skills. All of the sudden, it's almost Christmas and I am way behind. Therefore, today I decided to take matters into my own hands and figure it out. After a little searching, and one phone call to Pete, I am proud to say that I am back in business.

In October, a letter came in the mail from the school. It informed us that Ruby didn't pass the vision test in class and needed further evaluation from an opthamologist. It took us a while to finally get her into one, but the bottom line is that Ruby takes after me. Her vision isn't terrible but she does have a stigmatism that makes it difficult to differentiate from 3's and 8's or 5's and S's from a distance.

She now has a cute pair of purple glasses (that she picked out) and is supposed to wear them at school when she is working on letters and numbers. The only problem is trying to get her to actually wear them. We've had feedback from her teacher and classmates that she rarely puts them on. Trying to make her feel better about them I gave her the pep talk about how cute they were and how lots of people we know wear glasses, even me. "Do I look ugly in glasses?" I asked her at last. Her quick answer, "Yes!" Ouch.

1 comments:

Penny said...

Audrey had to get glasses this Fall and I have the opposite problem, I can't get her to take them off! I guess she just likes being able to see well all the time, not just for school. I think Ruby looks adorable in her cute purple glasses--they are almost identical to Audreys.