Playing catch up

Posted by Clayton & Company at 6:13 AM

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The problem with going on vacation is that when it's all over, I am slow to catch up on all the chores I was avoiding. This includes blogging. But now that my house is somewhat back together, posts will probably be coming in rapid succession. Because this will one day become one ginormous scrapbook (and because I'm a little OCD) I have to continue in chronological order. Feel free to skip ahead if you get bored.

I really have little to report about our flight over. It was rather uneventful when compared to our last trip. We flew through Paris this time and only had a one hour delay. The kids handled it well (see pics above and below) although there was little sleeping on our 11 hour flight. Except for a 45 blip from Henry, everyone was awake and alert. The biggest piece of advice I have for you: Don't ever fly Delta internationally. You can quote me on that. They have terrible service (especially when it comes to kids) and were trying to charge me for snacks! Luckily, after last year's mishap in London, I came well prepared and we weren't starving on our long flight. One point for me.


We arrived in Utah about 3 pm in the afternoon MST, although it was 11pm our time. Pete thought the best way to get over jet lag was to head straight for the pool. I thought this was the perfect solution if we wanted a child to drown. Pete won. I sleepily pulled on my suit and we headed to the pool. It was sunny and warm, the kids really enjoyed their cousins, and more importantly they stayed awake until it was really bedtime. One point for Pete.

Jessi and Ruby
Alex and Will

1 comments:

Jeff and Marge Clayton said...

Never take Delta PERIOD! You can quote me on that!!!!