Ruby's Diner

Posted by Clayton & Company at 12:23 AM

Sunday, August 30, 2009

We love to eat at Ruby's Diner on the pier. We have done it lots of times in Newport Beach and Oceanside. Since it was Pete's last day with us before he flew ahead of us to Switzerland, we decided it would be fun to head to the pier in Oceanside for a farewell lunch.

It was a beautiful, hot day and the waves were huge. We didn't take that into consideration until we had already been seated at our table. The waitress had just taken our order when everything in front of me started swaying back and forth. Thinking I was having a dizzy spell or something, I looked up at Pete for help. He had a huge smile on his face which confused me as I continued to feel sick. It was then that I realized it wasn't just me. The entire restaurant was swaying back and forth from the big swells outside.

For those of you who know me well, I get incredibly motion sick from everything: boats, planes, cars, trains...you name it. When the waitress came back with our drinks, I must have been pretty pale because she asked me if I was feeling alright. It was so bad that I had to go outside and walk around in the fresh air until our food came. Pathetic, I know.

Henry and Alex working on their paper planes
Ruby and Christina...before the waves hit
Pete and the kids
Our last family shot of 2009 in the US
Oceanside Pier

2 comments:

The Meaniwacs said...

Cute family picture! It looks like you guys had a great time on your trip and I'm glad we got to see you.

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.