breath right

Posted by Clayton & Company at 4:55 AM

Thursday, November 20, 2008

As a child I snored. Loudly. It was a subject of contention. Just ask my sister April. A trip to the ENT revealed enlarged adenoids and a deviated septum. Problem solved....until after I had Alex when I developed seasonal allergies. Thanks to Allegra and other prescription allergy meds I kept them under control. Until I became pregnant with Ruby that is. Unfortunately you can't take any of those medications while you are pregnant so I suffered and suffered until a sweet sister-in-law introduced me to BreathRight strips. While they are not a cure-all, they definitely help and I have been a fan ever since.



Fast forward to the present. So far, 2 of my 3 kids usually breath out of their mouths while they are sleeping. Alex seems like he could have allergies but with Ruby I'm not sure. When I was in the States I noticed that they are now selling BreathRights for kids. I decided to try out a box. Much to my surprise, both of my kids wore them all night long and Alex especially said that it was a lot easier to breath out of his nose. Placebo effect? You be the judge.

3 comments:

The Titmi said...

I remember you telling me you could not take allergy meds when pregnant but my dr and my allergist told me Zyrtec is fine. I am soooooooooooooo grateful I can! I honestly think it has helped me avoid the pregnancy itch cuz I had it with the other 3 and not an ounce this time. I miss you guys!
Ps- I'm seeing twilight at midnight tonight- cross your fingers it will be good!

Julie said...

I used to breathe out of my mouth/snore big time as a kid too. It was cause I had gigantic tonsils though so 19 years later I got them taken out! Thank goodness, I would wake myself up sometimes cause I was so loud. They are rockin those nose strips.

Jeff and Marge Clayton said...

Life is great when you can breathe - right?