So long, farewell

Posted by Clayton & Company at 3:44 AM

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Before we knew it our trip was over and we were on our way back to Switzerland. Luckily, there were no missed flights or other hang-ups to report. The kids were amazing on the flight back...Henry slept 6 hours, Ruby slept 5 and Alex actually managed to pull himself away from his tv monitor for 4 hours of shut-eye. I can't complain about that.

Henry trying to get some energy out before our long flight

Notice our wrapped up stroller....I have British Air to thank for breaking my stroller :(

Alex wishing he could find a way to stay in California
Here are a few things we loved about our trip that I haven't blogged about.

1. Seeing our friends
While we were in California we were able to go to park day, Music Makers, our old ward...we even squeezed in a couple of playdates. On each of these occasions I had my camera with me, I just was too busy chatting that I never pulled it out of my bag. We have great friends and the kids were already complaining about leaving them behind before we even touched down in Geneva.
2. Shopping
I hate to shop. My sister Charlene can back me up on that. But with 8 EMPTY suitcases to fill with American products, I had a job to do. I managed to hit all my favorites: Target, Costco, Old Navy, the Gap...I even had a list of things to buy at Albertsons. Over the next few months we will savor our instant oatmeal, Log Cabin maple syrup, peanut butter and the likes, all the while being grateful that we were able to buy the kids new Crocs for $25 instead of the going rate in Switzerland-$60!
A bientot! See you in 2009.



1 comments:

Julie said...

ugh I hate shopping too. Especially when you live in Europe and have to load up. I'm seriously considering paying someone to do it for me.