Zoo de la Garenne

Posted by Clayton & Company at 4:25 AM

Sunday, November 16, 2008

I spent many school field trips and family outings exploring the San Diego Zoo. I had seen the signs describing it as the "World Famous San Diego Zoo". I thought that was just good marketing. I didn't realize how amazing the San Diego Zoo is.....until as an adult I visited the Hogel Zoo in Salt Lake City. Suddenly my eyes were opened. Not all zoos are created equal.

Nevertheless, when some friends called last Saturday to invite us to go to the zoo in le Vaud, we knew we couldn't pass it up. It is tiny and has a lot of birds and nocturnal animals, but our kids loved it. Since it is less than 5 minutes away from our house it was the perfect 2 hour outing.

Alex and "Hedwig"

Ruby in front of the lynx

Henry and Pete check out some rabbits (ooh, aah)

Jacob, Alex, Ruby and Claire in front of the vultures


0 comments: