Mama Linda

Posted by Clayton & Company at 5:37 AM

Thursday, November 20, 2008

My mom is really good at saving things. What kind of things? You name it. From ceramic art projects made by her kids to GI JOE aircraft carriers, my mom has been charged with saving too much "junk". But as I have gotten older and some of these treasures have begun to trickle back to me, I am grateful for her foresight and her willingness to clutter up her basement for her future grandchildren.



When I was Ruby's age, my sister Karin came back from Europe with this dress for me and a similar one for each of my sisters. I tried to locate a picture of all of us in our dirndls but to no avail. Now, 25 years later my daughter Ruby is wearing my dress and the amazing thing is it looks brand new. I can remember wearing the dress numerous times, so that will tell you one other thing about my mom. She takes really good care of things, which is usually why, in the end, they are actually worth saving. Thanks mom.

2 comments:

Julie said...

wow how cool! What a cutie patootie.

heymaughan said...

Fun catching up on your blog today. Did you celebrate Thanksgiving over there??