Goldilocks

Posted by Clayton & Company at 11:20 AM

Monday, November 3, 2008

Those of you who know my family well are aware that there is somewhat of a tradition when it comes to baby boys with curly hair. It started out with my dad followed by my younger brother and several nephews. Many of the females in my family struggle to cut off the curly locks fearing that the haircut will quickly transform their little baby into a grown boy. This all culminates in a hair cutting party usually around the second birthday.

I'm going to owe my little bro big time for posting this picture, but I really needed to get my point across. I always promised myself that I would never do this to one of my boys, and I'm happy to say that we haven't put a dress on Henry yet. Nevertheless, over the past couple of months his hair was getting way too long. Being the frugal person I am, I refused to pay $40 to get his hair cut in Switzerland when I knew I could get one for 10 bucks in the States. But I knew the time had come when a lady at the grocery store asked me, "C'est un garcon ou une fille?" (Is it a boy or a girl?)

Much to the dismay of the females in my family, Henry had his first haircut. He had about 2 inches taken off. But not to worry. The man who cut his hair assured me that it would only get curlier and more blonde. I always thought I would have a little girl with blonde ringlets. I guess I got the next best thing.


3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm glad that you didn't let his hair grow to his shoulders! He still would have been pretty dang cute though. What a cutie, love those curls.

Jeff and Marge Clayton said...

Very cute! By the way, which of your siblings is the picture of? Please tell me that it isn't really a brother.

Jeff and Marge Clayton said...

That sucker was a great distraction for Henry. He looks completely absorbed with it.