Birthday gift

Posted by Clayton & Company at 11:03 AM

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pete promised me when we moved over here that we would do something really fun for my birthday. He wasn't kidding. I realize that few people get to spend their 30th birthday in Paris. However, I would have been in my hotel room for the night had it not been for a kind and thoughtful sister-in-law.

Pete's sister Heather gave me the most amazing gift for my birthday. She came and hung out in a dark hotel room with my 3 sleeping children so that I could go out and celebrate. I think I should also mention that this was her FIRST trip to Paris and it would have been just as fun for her to celebrate the new year out on the street instead of in the Best Western.

We took the metro to the base of the Champs Elysees and walked up towards the Arc de Triomphe. The trees were magically lit up from the top of the street to the bottom and I think this was a birthday that I will never forget.









Thanks Heather! I love ya.

1 comments:

HCJ said...

Right back atcha. Christina--it was my privilege. For reals (in Ally speak). And you know we are going to totally rock London :)