Trente

Posted by Clayton & Company at 6:57 AM

Tuesday, January 20, 2009


While we were in Paris, I turned 30. On New Year's Eve to be exact. Am I sad to be 30? Definitely not. Coming from a big family with siblings closing in on 50 and parents well past their 60s, age is relative. Am I surprised to be 30? A little bit because the older I get the faster the years seem to go by.

I've seen lists on people's blogs about the top 100 things you should do in your lifetime. I sort of used that to come up with my own list of 30 things I've done thus far (in order of when they happened). Some you may know, but hopefully there are a few surprises. So Happy Birthday to me and Happy New Year to you!

1. Had stomach pumped after taking grandma's prescription meds
2. Got lost at the Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii when I was 4
3. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
4. Watched Old Faithful erupt
5. Rode motorcycles in Southern Utah
6. Herded cattle on horseback (not at a Dude Ranch)
7. Canoed down the Colorado River for a week
8. Got hit in the face with a field hockey stick
9. Lived alone for a month as a 16 year old
10. Got sent to the Vice Principal's office by my Calculus teacher
11. Went to a real Turkish bath
12. Snorkeled in the Red, swam in the Med and floated on the Dead
13. Climbed Mt. Sinai
14. Donated blood in Jerusalem
15. Learned how to fly fish
16. Hiked to Butch Cassidy's hideout
17. Drank hot chocolate while cruising next to an Alaskan glacier
18. Flew in a plane that landed and took off in the water
19. Shot clay pigeons
20. Bungee jumped
21. Walked across a frozen pond
22. Smelled chocolate in the air in Hershey, PA
23. Walked the Freedom Trail in Boston, MA
24. Nursed a baby on Pirates of the Caribbean
25. Went to a corn roast at the beach in Corona del Mar, CA
26. Gave birth to a 9 lb 5 oz baby
27. Saw the sun rise over the Alps
28. Kissed on the Rialto Bridge
29. Drove 115 mph on the Audubon for several hours
30. Laughed so hard I cried


My year of three:
3 candles on my eclair for the big 3-0
3x3 years of marriage
3 cute kids

2 comments:

Penny said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I loved your post--and am so impressed with all the things you have done thus far in your life! You are very adventurous for someone who claims to love to stay at home all the time!

Carli said...

Happy late birthday! Wow, I feel behind! I am only 3 years behind you and have not done most of your items. haha. someday I hope!