Gruyeres

Posted by Clayton & Company at 5:19 AM

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 2 with the Jarman family we visited Gruyeres, a medieval village that has one street which is only accessible on foot. It was a charming little village complete with it's own castle. We were a little burnt out on castles from the day before, so we just took a quick look and then headed to the local dairy where the famous cheese is made. The dairy also had a restaurant which we stopped in for a lunch of fondu and more rosti, with Gruyere cheese of course!
Alex at the top of the "main street"
A view of the village with the castle in the background

Heather and her girls
Pete and Ruby
Pete and the kids
Alex and his cousins with the chateau in the background
a view of the valley below
This isn't a great picture of us, but check out Ruby.
She reminds me of...

She was so cold she didn't want any part of her skin exposed.
Henry inside an old cauldron used for making cheese

Sara, Ally, Rachel and Abby listening to how Gruyere cheese is made

Heather and Ruby watching the cheese and listening intently.
Don't you love Ruby's outfit?

3 comments:

James said...

It is about time! I had been going through some serious goclayton withdrawals! It all looks very fun but I seem to be missing a picture of Pete in his sweet new Red Sox Shirt!

Pete said...

James, I wore the shirt almost every day during break - it was just buried under the layers. In fact, at a gas station in France on our way to Paris I received anti-america comments without ever opening my mouth. It took me a minute but then I realized that the shirt gave me away. At least they weren't Yankees fans.
Thanks again!

Julie said...

Looks cold. And that picture of Ruby with her face all covered is priceless.