Joyeux Noel

Posted by Clayton & Company at 5:32 AM

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

We spent Christmas day with just the 5 of us and it was actually a quiet, relaxing day. Around 1pm Ruby was asking me why I still had my pajamas on. It started early, but not as bad as we had anticipated. All 3 kids woke up around 6:45. After checking out what Santa brought we took a brief (think 10 minutes) pause for breakfast and then opened gifts under the tree. By 7:45 we were finished and wondering how another Christmas came and went so fast.

We don't have a fireplace, so "the stocking were hung by the [armoire] with care".
Growing up my mom only bought sugar-cereal for one day of the year (Christmas)
and she always bought those little assortment boxes.
I always thought that Santa brought them because
I knew my mom would NEVER buy it herself.
I have carried on this tradition and was happy to find the mini boxes of cereal over here.
You will notice that there are several kinds you won't find in the States.
One of our favorites is Lion cereal which is from the Lion candy bars.
Yum!
A picture of the kids in their Christmas pjs before running down to see what Santa brought
Henry is still in the stage where the box can be as fun as the gift inside.
I don't ever remember asking Santa for a costume,
but Alex was desperate to be Jengo Fett.
Luckily Santa came through.
Ruby is also a fan of dressing up although
we tried to tell her that it is too cold to be Tinkerbell right now.


A clip of the kids coming down the stairs.

Do you think Ruby liked her present?

1 comments:

pa said...

umm, hello. where is my lion cereal??